Always laugh when you can, it is cheap medicine

/
0 Comments
We have a contest among my family and some of my brother’s friends. Who will be able to bring back the most Kitsch picture from his trip?
As I couldn’t find the translation in English for kitsch, let me translate our definition: Tacky, provocatively exhibiting bad taste. I might add: therefore funny.

Up to this summer, my family hold the record with a picture of my father holding the Taj-Mahal with his two fingers and smiling this way: “I am so happy to be halfwitted”. Apparently some friends tried to do the same looking just a little bit more stupid.

The guy who I think should win this contest didn’t actually know there was one, that’s the beauty of it. My friend E. has gone to India for an exchange student program and was so happy and proud when displaying this fantastic picture. Of course I forwarded it instantly to my brother to let the world know we had a winner.

What makes this picture so good for us? You might have noticed the Taj-Mahal is THE best spot for kitsch pictures. So we were all playing “I’m holding it with 2 fingers”, “I smile like a dumb guy”… Etc. E. found out that what would make the difference at the Taj-Mahal was not how you were holding it but actually what you were wearing. Thank you E. for this fantastic Green & Pink striped T-Shirt, it allowed me to have the opportunity of claiming a finder’s fee.

Note: I wrote this post as I thought only my brother and E. had this address. I mean how could anybody find my blog, I am not advertising. Then I received a comment from Melissa. 2 questions then:
1) How come a girl from Australia finds me and leaves me a very nice post as my brother and my friend E. _ to whom I gave the blog’s address on my first day on-line_ didn’t even come and see?
2) The blog being visited _ apparently _ should I cancel this post and spare my friend shame-on-line?
As you can see I decided to half-spare him. I thought with this T-shirt he really didn’t need icing!


You may also like

Powered by Blogger.